Is your water heater leaking? Is your home’s water not getting as hot as it used to? Is your water rust colored? If you notice any of these problems, they could be signs that your water heater is in need of immediate attention. Call our hot water tank repair technicians right away so we can evaluate your water heater before something catastrophic happens.
We’re your one stop for all of your water heater, AC, and heating service needs – call today for expert help!
Common Hot Water Heater Problems
While your water heater is designed to last for many years, the fact is that at some point, it’s going to develop problems which either require a new hot water heater installation or a hot water tank repair.
Here are a few issues to look for and call in a hot water tank repair specialist:
- No hot water
- Water is too hot
- Rust-colored water
- Water leaking from bottom
- Water takes too long to heat up
- Pilot light keeps going out
- Water reeks of foul odors
- Water heater makes strange sounds
These issues can affect both electric and gas hot water heaters. If you notice any of these symptoms, it could be a sign that your water tank is headed for failure, and you should call in a hot water heater repair service as soon as possible.
Common Water Heater Issues
Is your water not as hot as it used to be? Is there water pooling under your water heater? These could be signs that a failure is imminent. Call us for an evaluation and to see whether you need a water heater fix or total replacement.
- Rusty Water – Rust-colored water indicates that you may have a problem with your water heater and that it’s in danger of failure. If you notice discolored water, call our experts right away so we can evaluate your water tank before something bad happens.
- No Hot Water – If you’re not getting the hot water you want, or if you’re getting water that’s TOO hot, then you definitely have a problem with your water tank. Call us today if you have these issues so we can give your water heater the thumbs up or thumbs down.
- Do You See A Water Leak? – Water leaking or pooling around the bottom of your water heater could indicate that total failure is imminent. The last thing you want is to come home from work to find your basement flooded because your water tank burst. Call us immediately for a repair!
From water heater repair to high-efficiency heat pump installation, we have your home comfort needs covered.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Hot Water Heater?
If you’re having issues with your hot water heater, you’re probably wondering whether you’re going to be able to repair the unit or whether you’re going to need a whole new water heater installation. The answer depends on a number of factors, and can best be determined by calling in an experienced water tank repair service to evaluate your home water heater and determine the best course of action.
At Energy Sharks Heating & Air, we know that you don’t want to have to spend the money on an entirely new hot water tank because it can be an expensive installation. On the other hand, we also know that in some instances, a failed water heater is going to cost you a lot more in damages than if you’d replaced it as soon as it started to fail.
Here are a few things to consider when thinking about repair vs. replacement:
- Are your utility bills going up? If your utility bills are going up and there hasn’t been a rate increase, your water heater could be the culprit. As water heaters age they become less and less efficient, which means you’re spending more and more money. The money you save with a new water heater installation will almost always pay for itself in no time.
- How much to repair vs. replace? When you have an appliance that fails, it’s natural to think about repairing vs. replacing. When it comes to a major appliance such as your water heater, most experts agree that the 50% rule is the best. This rule says that if the repair costs 50% of what it costs for total replacement, then financially, you’re better off with a replacement.
If you’re still not sure, call our hot water heater repair service and let our expert technicians take a look at your system and tell you what’s the best route to take. At Energy Sharks Heating & Air, we know how stressful it can be to have a major appliance, such as hot water heater, fail. It’s not pleasant to deal with, and that’s why we’re here to help take the stress off and get your water heater back up and running as quickly as possible.