Do you suffer from allergies? Are you constantly stuffed up or do you have frequent difficulty breathing? If so, the answer to your problems might lie in a dehumidifier. If you’re in the Simpsonville, SC area, call Energy Sharks Heating & Air today for an evaluation of your home’s humidity and to see if you could benefit from a dehumidifier.
Looking for ways to keep the climate in your home safe and comfortable? Consider installing a whole-house AC filter!
How Does an AC Dehumidifier Work?
Dehumidifiers are common and found in many homes across the country, but mostly in areas where the climate tends to be humid. The typical dehumidifier removes the moisture from the air by means of condensation. Moist air enters into your AC dehumidifier where it flows over coils that contain refrigerant, which causes the air to moisturize where it then flows into a pan to be emptied later. The dry air is then pumped back into the home. This dry air is beneficial in that it doesn’t promote the growth of mold or dust mites, and makes your home’s air healthier.
Benefits of a Dehumidifier Installation
If you’re suffering from watery eyes, a stuffy nose, a scratchy throat or have trouble breathing, you may have allergens in your home. Talk to your doctor to find out more, and if it’s determined that the allergens are coming from your home, you can benefit from a dehumidifier in a number of ways, including:
- Lower Humidity – As mentioned, lower humidity reduces the number of allergens in your house and improves your allergic reactions.
- Odor Reduction – Anyone who has a basement or laundry room is familiar with that damp, musty smell. That smell is caused by the excessive moisture that cause mold to grow. A dehumidifier in those problem areas will eliminate the damp air and the smell as well.
- Better Air Quality – Even if you don’t suffer from allergies related to mold and dust mites, you can benefit from the better air quality that an AC dehumidifier produces. Your family and your pets will all breathe better for having a dehumidifier or two installed throughout your house.
- Dust Reduction – Remember those dust mites? Lower humidity means less dust mites, which means less dust, and ultimately less cleaning.
Sure Signs That You Need a Dehumidifier
As mentioned above, allergic reactions such as watery eyes, stuffy nose, scratchy throat, coughing, and difficulty breathing are all signs that there could be a problem within your home that’s causing these allergic reactions to flare up. But, there are other signs that you might need a dehumidifier, including:
- Water Spots & Stains – Go around your house and see if there’s any water stains on the walls, and pay close attention to the laundry room, bathroom, and any other room that gets heavy moisture. Water stains could indicate a water leak somewhere, which ultimately leads to the growth of mold when it’s humid.
- Lack of Ventilation – If you have a room that doesn’t have adequate ventilation, then chances are it’s got high humidity. Typically, rooms without windows lack proper ventilation.
- Spots on the Walls – You may have to look closely, but look for small black spots on the walls, which indicate mold spores. Check particularly your bathrooms, basements, and laundry rooms.
- Foul Odors – If any of your homes have a musty smell, it’s an indication that you need an air conditioner dehumidifier.
Call for an Evaluation
If you live in the Simpsonville area, you know how humid it gets between March and October, but it’s not always practical to run your air conditioner in the early spring or late fall. Still, there’s humidity to deal with, which is why it’s a good idea to install an air conditioner dehumidifier that can take care of that damp, musty air without running your AC all year round.
At Energy Sharks Heating & Air, our experienced technicians will evaluate your home’s humidity and tell you whether you’d benefit from a dehumidifier installation or not. Chances are, if the relative humidity in your home goes above 50 percent, you’re going to benefit from a dehumidifier.
We’ve helped hundreds of homeowners regulate their humidity levels and improve their indoor air quality by installing a UV air sanitizer.
The Energy Sharks Difference
At Energy Sharks Heating & Air, we know that you have a variety of companies to choose from when looking for an air conditioner dehumidifier installation or any other AC related work. But with us, you get a company that’s focused on solving your indoor comfort problem, more than just getting a paycheck. We’re a top-rated HomeAdvisor company and hold an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. You don’t get that by treating people like another ticket to payday.