Temperature going up and your air conditioning is down? You need to call in a professional AC service company right away for service. Whether you own a home or run a business, call Energy Sharks Heating & Air to get your system back up and running quickly.
Our Cooling Services
Interested in a service you don’t see listed? Give us a call! We’re more than happy to help you get back your indoor comfort.
- AC Tune-Up and Repair
- AC Installation and Replacement
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Cleaning and Repair
- AC Filter Replacement
- AC Dehumidifiers
- UV Air Sanitizers
Owning a home is costly enough on its own. Make sure your air conditioner is running as efficiently as possible with routine AC maintenance.
What’s Wrong with Your Air Conditioning System?
Air conditioning systems, whether they’re residential or commercial, can fail for a variety of reasons. And you don’t want to wait until the temperature is at its highest to find out you don’t have cool air. Here are a few problems that are common with most air conditioning units.
- Air Conditioning Filter – Your AC unit comes with a filter, which can become clogged, and when it does, your AC unit won’t cool properly. Depending on the model, you should change or clean your filter on a regular basis. If you’re using a large commercial AC system, you should call in a professional to have it serviced before the summer.
- Faulty Thermostat – Your thermostat is the brains of your heating and cooling system, and when it goes bad, it can be impossible to regulate the temperature. Fortunately, most thermostats are simple to fix or replace. If you think your thermostat is failing to control your AC system, call in a professional for a diagnosis.
- Coolant Problems – Your AC unit relies on a chemical coolant to cool the air, however, if you have an older system, your coolant can be leaking, which means your unit will fail to regulate the temperature. While some AC problems can be fixed by the layperson, some (like coolant issues) are best left to the pros. If you suspect your system is leaking coolant or if the air coming out of your AC isn’t cold enough, call in a professional air conditioning contractor to assess the system and recommend a fix.
- Failing Compressor – If your thermostat is the brain of your AC system, then the compressor is the heart that pumps the coolant through the system. And just like your heart, if the compressor isn’t functioning properly, the circulation runs poorly and you don’t get the cold air you desire. As always, if summer is approaching, it’s a good idea to call in a trained AC service technician to test your AC unit to ensure it’s ready for everything Mother Nature throws at it this summer.
FAQs Regarding Air Conditioning to Help You This Summer
When the temperatures start to climb and people start to retreat indoors, sweet air conditioning is there to cool us off inside! If you are new to home ownership, then it can be surprising to learn what the cost of staying cool is to the average homeowner. At Energy Sharks, we want to help you take a bite out of energy costs and ensure that you keep your cool. Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions regarding air conditioning and efficiency:
There are many reasons why an air conditioner might not be working, some more complex than others. Sometimes, a homeowner is just unfamiliar with the thermostat. Other times, an air conditioner might be experiencing a problem with the coolant or compressor. Whatever the issue, one of our professionals can get to the bottom of it.
Annually. Air conditioning units need annual servicing to ensure that they will work properly. These service checks look for signs of wear and tear while also ensuring your AC unit runs efficiently.
We only recommend new air conditioners in certain situations. If your costs to repair are extensive and only going to give you a slightly longer AC lifespan, we may recommend replacement. However, in many cases, we are able to deliver on quality repairs.
If your air conditioning isn’t working, contact our experts as soon as you can. Until we can come to help, keep your house dark and the drapes closed. You’ll also want to drink plenty of cold water and use fans.
We hope that these tips have been helpful when it comes to your air conditioning. If you have questions about your own air conditioning, please contact our experts today!
Considering installing a high-efficiency AC? Contact us today to see if a ductless mini split system might be right for your home.
When to Service Your Air Conditioning System
Most air conditioning companies recommend you service your air conditioning system before you need it the most. That means you need to inspect your system and make sure it’s ready no less than twice a year: In the spring so you’re ready for summer, and in the fall so you’re ready for winter. If you’re not sure what to look for, call a professional AC service company, especially if you have a complex system such as in an office building. Our team will come in and make sure your filters are clean, we’ll clean the indoor and outdoor coils, we’ll make sure your condenser motor is operating properly, and we’ll ensure that your system is ready to provide you with all the cold air you’re going to need once the temperature goes up.