You’ve probably heard the phrase, “You have to spend money to make money,” but you might not have realized that can pertain to saving money too. If you are looking to reduce your heating costs, some of the solutions will require you to make an investment. However, there are some inexpensive options you can also implement that can prove helpful.
No-Cost and Low-Cost Ways to Reduce Heating Costs
• Turn down the setting on the thermostat.
• Change the filter regularly.
• Open curtains during the day and close them at night.
• Purchase insulated curtains.
• Close the fireplace damper when the fireplace isn’t in use.
• Put heat-shrink plastic on windows.
• Install or replace old weatherstripping.
• Use foam to insulate outlets and light switches.
• Install and utilize a programmable thermostat.
• Have your furnace serviced to achieve optimal efficiency and reliability.
• Check all ductwork for any leaks and resolve any found.
Investments to Reduce Heating Costs
• Replace your heating system with a more efficient one.
• Add insulation to the attic, walls, and under your home.
• Replace inefficient windows with energy-efficient ones.
• Replace ductwork that isn’t providing proper airflow.
Here at Energy Sharks, we can assist you with a few of these tips. Turn to us for servicing your heating system to make it as efficient as possible or to discuss replacement with a high-efficiency heating system. We can also install a new thermostat for you. We are happy to advise you about the condition, age, and efficiency of your current heating system so you can make an informed decision. Reach out today to schedule an appointment for your home in the Greenville, South Carolina area.